If you have a small business then social media should be part of your marketing mix, but which channels to use and how to make the most of them can be daunting so take a read below at our top tips!
1. Choose the channels that are right for you.
You can spend a lot of time updating and trying to engage all social media channels but it could be worth you spending time concentrating on one or two.
• LinkedIn is great for business to business connections
• Instagram is perfect if you have a visual, customer facing business…artwork, clothing, etc
• Facebook can be great for local businesses
Etc, etc so investigate what’s right for you.
2. Use a free tool to create professional looking images.
We are fans of Canva for our social media posts and banners. This easy to use drag and drop tool has lots of templates to choose from, plus a number of free images and you can also upload your own images to use.
3. Make use of the free images available online.
I know it sounds obvious but to get noticed you need to post regular and engaging content on a consistent basis and a plan will help you do this. You can create your own or there’s many online templates available to download.
5. Don’t spend all your time each day loading your posts in to social, use a scheduling tool.
Free tools like Buffer or Hootsuite to schedule in your posts for the week or month so you know that your posts will go out regularly. You need to search for the free plan with these but it is there, just take a look around.
6. Whatever you do, don’t post just for the sake of posting.
Make sure your content is relevant and engaging otherwise you will turn people off and your posts will become white noise. To help this try a variety of posts to begin with to understand what your audience engage with and learn from this.
7. Don’t stop there though!
Regularly review your posts to see what your audience are engaging with you and adapt and refine on an ongoing basis.
8. Use your audience.
Ask them to share and like your posts, not every time, but every now and again. Ask them for testimonials. An engaged audience will help your business grow.
For more help on how we can help you develop your Social Media plan get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.